Research and Demos
Practice Verification Studies
Texas Cooperative Extension (TCE) and Texas Agricultural Experiment Station conducted studies to verify existing uses and evaluate new uses of dairy manure compost.
- Study 1: Use of dairy manure compost to establish newly constructed landscapes
- Study 2 & 3: Use of dairy manure compost on coastal bermudagrass
- Study 4: Use of dairy manure compost on irrigated corn silage
- Study 5: Soil and water quality evaluations following various rates and timings of compost applications
- Study 6: Use of Dairy Manure Compost as Erosion Control Material Under Vegetated and Non Vegetated Conditions
- Study 7: Use of dairy manure compost to establish Jose tall wheatgrass
TCE in cooperation with local schools, cities, and county governments, demonstrated the use of dairy manure compost in several settings.
- Comanche County
- Erath County
- Palo Pinto County
- Stephens County
- Coryell County
- McLennan County
- Somervell County
TCE developed case studies evaluating various uses of dairy manure compost by public and private entities. In each case study, TCE reviewed the benefits of dairy compost use and its cost effectiveness.
- Breckenridge ISD demonstrates Dairy Manure Compost on Football Field
- City of Waco sells Dairy Manure Compost to Citizens
- Lovell Lawn and Landscape raises Live Oaks in Dairy Compost
- Santo ISD Utilizes Dairy Manure Compost in Sports Field Management
- Citizens and Compost Beautify Tarrant County Courthouse